A Steve is a Steve no matter how small.
A Steve is a Steve no matter how tall.
Really highlights how much of a difference Bucky would have had to get used to.
OMFG I JUST REALIZED IMAGNINE HOW MANY TIMES BUCKY TURNED AROUND TO SAY SOMETHING TO STEVE AND WAS SUDDENLY TALKING TO HIS BOOBS AND YOU JUST KNOW STEVE CRACKED A JOKE ABOUT “MY EYES ARE UP HERE, BUDDY” AND “IS THIS WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE ONE OF THE GIRLS YOU DATE? *COVERS CHEST IN PRETEND SHYNESS*”
aslkdfjasdfkljsfjk ITS SO AMUSING!
- Them: I don't think kids should be exposed to gay relationships.
- You: Why not?
- Them: It's introducing children to sexuality! They're too young for that!
- You: So when a prince and princess kiss in a Disney movie, are they introduced to sexuality? When the prince and the princess get married and have a child, is that introducing your child to sexuality?
- Them: NO! But if they see a man and a man, or a woman and a woman together... they're going to start asking questions! Like how a man and a man can... you know, do anything together.
- You: You think the only thing people think when they see a gay couple is "I wonder how they have sex"? Furthermore, you think a CHILD is going to even know what that means? When the prince and the princess kiss, does your 4 year old daughter ask, "mommy, how do people have intercourse"? No. She just sees two people in love. If you remember when you were a kid, you probably didn't think about sex every time you saw two people happy together.
- Them: But it'll bring up all kinds of questions, it'll confuse my child!
- You: Then be a fucking parent and explain it to your child. The only question that might be brought up is "mom, why don't you want gay people to be happy?". And when you don't have a good answer for that question, you can look your child in the eye and say "It's because I'm a bigot".
Don’t forget that the church was literally so impressed they gave him a medal instead of imprisoning him or executing him
Mozart only needed to hear a piece once to play it better than the original. And on top of that, they believed all his music to have been created by someone else, not this kid, so they locked him in a tower for a period of time (forget how long) with only music paper. When they came back all the paper was filled and he had written on the walls as well. AND ALL THE MUSIC WAS PHENOMENAL. how much more perfect can you get than Mozart? If you want to know more: watch the movie Amadeus. It’s historically accurate but also funny at times. Watch. it.
so he was the first to illegally download a song
And for those of you that would like to hear the first illegally downloaded song that the Vatican kept a secret for so long because it was “too beautiful for human knowledge” You can find it here.
The more we depend on women to prevent rape, the easier it is to blame them when it happens to them. Here’s a look at the well-documented ways we can actually stop rape. Maybe it’s time we invest a little more time and resources into implementing them before we send gallons of nail polish to colleges across the country.
A skeleton of a mother, and her baby, who both died during her pregnancy.
this is so fucking cool
how on earth is this cool this is literally the remains of a mother and a child she never even got to see. have some respect smh
its cool because its an intact skeleton within an intact skeleton. sad sure, but still cool, get off the pedestal.
You can appreciate the science while still feeling empathy for the person. That’s the entire point of archaeology.
Source: I’m a goddamn archaeologist.
Is it possibly she just ate the baby?
Just a few more very important things about In the Flesh:
- If you’re disabled in any way whatsoever, you’re going to identify with this show.
- If you’re a member of the LGBTQ community, you’re going to identify with this show.
- If you’re frustrated by the over-sexualizing of female characters, you’re going to love this show.
- If you enjoy complex and intimately written characters, you’re going to love this show.
Did you know that pregnant women have been fired for using the bathroom to vomit, needing to carry a water bottle on the job, or asking to sit on a stool instead of standing in place all day? While employers have to make allowances like these for other types of temporary disabilities, a number of bad court decisions have encouraged them to feel they can get away with firing or mistreating pregnant workers with impunity.
It’s disgraceful and unacceptable that at a time when unnecessary budget cuts are decimating food, medical, and educational supports for low-income families, pregnant women continue to be pushed out of their jobs just as they take on all the expenses of having a new baby.
This is unacceptable. Pregnant workers need more protection. With a child coming up they need employment more than ever. Please contact your rep.
'No you can't have paid maternity leave'
'What do you mean you have special needs when you're pregnant?'
Pro-lifers, look closely. People can and do lose their jobs for being pregnant.
They do. And still no paid maternity leave. We’re the only “civilized nation” that does not have it. Swaziland and Papua New Guinea are our company in this no paid maternity leave.
Since the percent of people who have an abortion cite the reason they are is not being able to take the time to be pregnant, you’d think it’d be a pretty prolife thing to do to help protect jobs of pregnant people. And maybe just maybe bring America into the radical notion of paid maternity leave.